- You thought she is just an actress? Well, you were wrong. Apart from taking breaths away with her flawless acting skill, Deepti Naval is also a director and a great poet. Her authority on the subject is unquestioned and Kaafiya is where you will find her celebrating poetry.
- If there is anyone who can be regarded as the Living Legend of Hindi Poetry, it’s Ashok Chakradhar sir. An institution in himself, he will be seen at our festival, and you have a good chance of interacting with a Padma Shri awardee such as himself. His humble and learned self is worth looking out for!
- Guess who is going to be there at Kaafiya to rock the occasion? Daarain Shahidi! An eminent journalist and a “dastaan go”, he is full of knowledge and an amazing speaker.
- We bet you have seen this cute fella rhyming in some poetic soiree in Delhi. A brilliant poet, Yaseen Anwar is person whose brainchild Kaafiya is. To witness the prowess of his rhythm, words, and overloaded cuteness, come to Kaafiya.
- Kaafiya has trended all over India on Twitter. Who thought poetry will be a trendsetter one day? Our reach is 100% of our likes with people from everywhere eager to join in #KaafiyaMilaao with us every Tuesday and Friday!
- We believe that it’s the young talents that can carry ahead the torch of poetry and brighten the world in the light of poetry. Come witness the breathtaking verses of Shibani Das, Aditi Angiras, and six others at a gathering hosting spoken word poets. Join us at Verse Versus Universe at Kaafiya.
- This festival has got a team of over 40 students from Delhi and all over India of different colleges working dedicatedly in their own peppy and youthful way to make this a success!
A perfect blend of learned age and curious youth, this is going to be a unique experience for all.
- Urdu in Devnagri? No. We are not kidding. There used to be a time when Urdu was chiefly written in devnagri and other local scripts. Shocking, isn’t it? We at Kaafiya believe that any language is not slave to script or structure. Come see us at Kaafiya to know more about the genesis and evolution of languages.
- Guess who’s hosting us? Well, only the best cultural event place in Delhi! (If not whole of North India) India Habitat Centre is a very suave place with a comfortable and elegant ambience, making it perfect for the festival to be a great hit!
- The whole team of Kaafiya has worked tirelessly with a big and noble focus, making Delhi the poetry capital of the world!
And why shouldn’t it be, considering we’ve got hundreds of poets, yes, poets, rhyming together and believing in poetry with a mad sense of passion!
Kaafiya is only an example of the dedication and love towards poetry that Delhi wallas have!
- With Kaafiya we also bring to light a new sun that’s going to inspire and feed poetic minds over time. It’s a book of poetry by brilliant minds. Titled Kaafiyana, it carries the very essence of Kaafiya. Want a glimpse? See you at Kaafiya.
- Have you seen this beautiful lady somewhere? We know you have. Saumya Kulshreshtha, founder of PC and a founding member at Kaafiya, she has conducted numerous soirees across the city. Just come to Kaafiya and you will know how brilliant this woman is. She will capture you with her mesmerising voice and and beautiful thoughts. (We know she is blushing right now)
At the end, what matters is the harmonious and the poetic existence of the beautiful souls, and kaafiyamilaana, rhyming together also means, for us, existing together. And in a grand sense, fulfilling the scheme of our beautiful world, living our days drenched in poetry. Our festival is just the fresh raindrops, a start of a great journey of coexistence.